Sunday, March 3, 2013

Eat All the Foods!

So being that we are going to have almost 3 days in Rome by ourselves, I've started looking in to things we can do (besides the normal touristy things, since we will be doing those later).  One important aspect, especially for me, is that we find some good food.  I love food, probably more than I love most things, and the last thing I want is a bad food experience in a place that is known for delicious food.  I stumbled upon a couple sites that claim to have found the good local places as opposed to the tourist traps, so hopefully they won't lead us astray.
http://www.revealedrome.com/2010/08/mistakes-not-to-make-when-planning-your-trip-to-rome-and-italy.html
http://www.parlafood.com/colline-emiliane-regional-cuisine-rome-trevi/

On the subject of food, we decided to add an extra element to our trip; we are going to go to McDonalds in every place we visit.  Foolish?  Maybe.  But maybe this will keep the potential home sickness at bay.  Supposedly MickyDee's tastes a little different in each country, and we'd like to put that to the test, and maybe reinforce just how crappy American fast food is.  Also, I hear word that the McDonalds by the Spanish Steps in Rome has marble walls and a gelato bar.  Just throwin' that out there.

Now that I've made my hungry, it's time for lunch.  Next time I will probably return with some ideas of where to stay in Rome.  TTFN

No comments: