Friday, March 8, 2013

Paper due tomorrow, but I'm going to blog about Rome instead

Here's my plan right now (I should be writing a paper but I can't stop thinking about Europe).  When we arrive early to Rome (Stephen, Brandon and I are going two days earlier than the rest of the group.  Have I told you that?) we will go straight to our hotel by either bus or train.  Bus is cheaper but takes longer.  We are thinking of staying in a place called Casa Rosa.  It is small and just outside the city center but is supposed to be awesome.  We will probably get settled in there just in time to be ready for lunch.  I'm thinking to save money we should probably choose to eat out only one meal each day and maybe buy stuff for PB and Js or something for the rest.  Breakfast is included so we don't have to worry about that.  Then we can spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring and just soaking in Rome.  I'd like to get a little taste of night life, but we don't want to be up too late because Saturday morning I want to take an early train to...

Sperlonga!

It's a beach about an hour train from Rome and it's supposed to be beautiful.  It's a small town on a hill that used to be a medieval fortress!  I've heard of this thing called a BIRG ticket that can hopefully get us there and back for $10 each.  The alternative is like 8 Euros each both ways and possibly more to get to the train :/  But we will figure that out in time.

I just can't stop thinking about the trip... and how I'm going to pay for it.  I'm kind of stressed right now because the only way I can see myself going is by selling my car... I'm going to cry... I love that car so much but I just can't afford to even have it right now... sigh...  Hopefully I will figure out something.  Maybe my mom will buy it and then I can buy it back one day :)  Haha wishful thinking I suppose.  I'm selling my iPad tomorrow and I still have to do my tax returns, but I don't think that will turn into $6000... but I shall make it happen!  Somehow.

I'm so tired.  And I have class at 9 and before class I have to be ready for a wedding that will be an all day thing... and I still have a midterm paper that's due before midnight tomorrow... so I should probably prioritize.  TTFN

No comments: